Graphic Design Beverly MA
Graphic Design Beverly MA – Sheila Alden is a highly skilled graphic designer. In addition her experience includes many years as a lead graphic designer, for a division of Stanley Black & Decker (Fortune 500). Notably she is highly skilled at producing marketing materials for print, web, and email. For more information, and to see samples of her work, visit her graphic design portfolio website.
Graphic Design Software
Knowledge of industry software is extensive. Including Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Lightroom, Dreamweaver, Premiere, Flash); QuarkXPress; Agility CMS; Exact Target; Yesmail; Pardot and E2 Communications; MS Office; HTML & CSS; Google AdWords; SEO; Google Analytics; WordPress; Weebly.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER (PRINT, WEB, EMAIL) / Marketing Specialist
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Extensive Graphic Design experience including position as Lead Graphic Designer for a division of Stanley Black & Decker (feat. 60K+ products online; Fortune 500).
- Work independently and ramp up to make strong contributions quickly.
- Broad range of proven designing talents, with projects including: advertising; branding and identity; B2B; B2C; direct mail; print; and catalog production.
- Email marketing, with proficiency in using Exact Target, Yesmail, and Pardot platforms.
- Creative Web design: landing pages, banners, animations, advertising, SEO.
- Extensive knowledge of digital photography, image preparation and photo retouching.
- Experience in listening, evaluating, and managing client needs and expectations.
- Strong record of always meeting deadlines, with organizational resourcefulness and exceptional copywriting and proofreading skills.
- Computer literacy (Mac/PC) includes: Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Lightroom, Dreamweaver, Premiere, Flash); QuarkXPress; Agility CMS; Exact Target; Yesmail; Pardot and E2 Communications; MS Office; HTML & CSS; Google Adwords; SEO; Google Analytics; WordPress; Weebly.
Production Graphic Designer; Contract
Watts, North Andover, MA 2018 – Present
- Design, produce and update wholesale and retail POP support materials for Watts’ product line.
- Update and create a variety of marketing collateral including product packaging (boxes, clamshells, and bags), catalogs, newsletter, engineering sheets, header cards, inserts, IOM
(Instruction Operating Manuals), IS (Instruction Sheets), labels, posters, tags, sell sheets, etc.
- Create press-ready production files in-house, and distribute through various portals.
- Work within the directions of Watts, and its subsidiaries brand styles.
- Ensure that production art files are complete, to meet deadlines.
- Work closely with the Manager of Creative Services & Brand Identity, to bring print
projects to completion.
- Proofread numerous similar looking documents to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Successfully manage multiple competing projects.
- Make PDFs, package and place files in correct locations.
Graphic Designer / Marketing Specialist
Minuteman Press, Peabody, MA 2017 – 2018
- All aspects of Graphic Design including creation of visual concepts to communicate ideas that inform and inspire consumers.
- Develop the overall layout and production design for marketing materials.
- Attention to detail in all responsibilities including proof reading, image editing and processing.
- Design, manage and deploy the company’s email marketing campaigns.
- Prepare finished files using industry standards and Adobe CS software, and building PDFs
- Social Media – contribute to the company’s social media presence by writing posts, creating graphics, shooting and editing photos.
- Digital photography; photograph company events, prepare digital and print images.
Graphic Designer; Contract
JENSEN Tools + Supply (Stanley Black & Decker), North Andover, MA 2016 – 2016
Graphic Design including cover design, catalog page layout, proof reading, product photography, image editing and processing, and other duties for the terms of service.
Stanley Supply & Services (Stanley Black & Decker), North Andover, MA 2006–2016
- Produced 4-color catalogs (300+ pp. each) on tight deadlines: cover design, marketing pages, catalog body, indexing, proofreading, press-ready PDFs, and DBL approval.
- Oversaw and processed 3,000–5,000 print and Web images per year; included cutting silos, and color correction. Managed company’s image database.
- Expanded digital-photography know-how. Brought digital photography in house, shot product photos in house, saving the company $50 to $250 per photo.
- Drove more than $100K in e-commerce by producing 40+ email campaigns (over 1 million emails sent) per year, using Exact Target and Pardot email platforms, and engaging with email vendors.
- Brought eNewsletter creation in house, for annual savings of $24K.
- Designed targeted print, Web, and email campaigns, as well as logos, labels, CD covers, signs, postcards, fliers, brochures, business cards, internal forms, and tradeshow materials.
- Delivered Web design: re-skinned company’s ecommerce website; created landing pages for marketing initiatives, and tower and banner ads for company website and third-party digital advertising.
- Collaborated with departments such as HR, Sales, IT, Product Management, and Warehouse; created ad-hoc graphics and fliers; photographed new hires and company events.
Stanley Supply & Services (Stanley Black & Decker), North Andover, MA 2000–2006
- Contributed on transition team bringing Jensen catalog into Contact East (Stanley Supply & Services) Multimedia Department, and into Pindar Content Management System, boosting department page count from 700 to 1,500 per year. Cut production costs considerably by eliminating need for two catalog departments.
- Designed catalog covers in-house, eliminating the need for outside designers, saving approx. $5,000–7,000 per cover.
- Oversaw Jensen Tools email production, and created email program for Contact East (Stanley Supply & Services). Administered and facilitated both Jensen Tools and Contact East email programs using Yesmail email marketing solution.
- Updated the Jensen Tools, Contact East (Stanley Supply & Services) websites, created animated GIFs and banner ads, designed Web pages, prepared images for the Web.
- Introduced the company to Google Adwords & Yahoo Search Marketing. Managed Campaigns & Budgets, researched keywords, adjusted bids, built landing pages and ads and prepared reports for vendor partners. Utilized Google Analytics for reports.
- Catalog Production Assistant
- Stanley Supply & Services (Stanley Black & Decker), North Andover, MA 1999–2000
- Performed all aspects of 4-color–catalog production using page layout software, the Pindar Catalogue Management System, and a PDF work flow. Created and utilized master templates and style sheets; linked images, generated tables, designed layouts and pages, and proofread.
- Contributed on team transitioning Contact East catalog data into Pindar Catalogue Management System. Connected catalog pages to database, slashing production time by 50% per catalog page.
Emmanuel College, Boston, MA
68 credits toward BA in Studio Art
Southern New Hampshire University, Manchester, NH
36 credits towards BA Graphic Design and Media Art (GPA 4.0)
Awarded: National Society of Leadership and Success – Sigma Alpha Pi
UMass–Lowell, Lowell, MA
52 credits towards BA English and Art History (GPA 3.983)
Awarded: Gamma Delta Chapter of the Alpha Sigma Lambda National Honor Society
Merrimack College, Andover, MA
Webmaster Certificate, Web Designer Certificate, Web Programmer Certificate
Graphic Design Categories
- Graphic Design: Brochures, Newsletters & Flyers
- Graphic Design: Catalog Covers
- Graphic Design: Catalog Pages
- Graphic Design: Logos, Icons & Business Cards
- Graphic Design: Web Design
- Graphic Design: Web Banners
- Graphic Design: Web Banners (animated)
- Graphic Design: Email
- Graphic Design: CDs, Signage & Labels
- Graphic Design: Covers
- Graphic Design: Forms & Business Materials
- Graphic Design: Photo Retouching
- Graphic Design: Photography (Products)
- Graphic Design: Photography (People, Places, Pets)
- Graphic Design: Posters
- Graphic Design: Trade Show